Poteau Public Schools are fortunate to have a strong tradition of active parent and community involvement. One way our parents remain active is by volunteering their time and efforts. There are ways to volunteer your time to help us provide a rewarding and stimulating environment for your children and our teachers. Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) performs many service functions and is involved in fund raising. To volunteer in any way, please contact us
Poteau Primary: 918-647-7780
Poteau Upper Elementary: 918-647-7760
Pansy Kidd Middle School: 918-647-7741
Poteau High School: 918-647-7716
Accelerated Reader (AR) is the most popular and successful reading product of all time. AR’s advanced technology helps you:
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Log In to Accelerated Reader
Helping with Homework
Tips for Parent Teacher Conferences (not ready)
Immunizations (not ready) use screen shot of immunization schedule (below on different page, please) and contact information and link to the Oklahoma State Department of Health http://www.ok.gov/health/index.html
Other Resources for parents (links to Boys and Girls Club of LeFlore County http://www.thebgclc.org/ and LeFlore County Youth Services http://www.lcys.org/)
Food allergies (not ready)
Parent’s Rights in Special Education